Georgia Vein Center – Atlanta’s leading vein center
With their unsightly appearance and uncomfortable symptoms, varicose veins are not something anyone chooses. But over 70 million adults suffer from vein problems. And if you are among them, the experts at our Atlanta vein center can help you to get rid of veins.
Why choose Georgia Vein Center?
The Georgia Vein Center is affiliated with Georgia Vascular Specialists PC, a leading vascular surgery practice in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. James Poindexter and his team of highly qualified medical professionals have been treating varicose veins in Atlanta for over 20 years. Our highly skilled doctors and nurses are vascular experts who will take time to evaluate your problem, plan your personalized course of care and help you to understand your options.
Sufferers of vein problems have numerous reasons to choose our vein center. Advantages we offer patients at our Atlanta vein clinic include:
- Individualized treatment from Dr. James Poindexter, a physician who is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and has practiced vascular care exclusively for over 20 years
- Georgia Vein Center offers an accredited vascular laboratory
- An in-house Wound Care Center
- Expertise in a range of traditional and state-of-the-art vein treatment approaches
- Private, clean, comfortable office environment
- Professional staff that puts your comfort and safety as our highest priority
- We accept most medical insurance plans and offer medical credit programs
- Two convenient locations
Because we are experts in treating your vein problems, our approach means no scars, no surgery, shortened procedure time in our comfortable office, a quick recovery time and a high success rate.
At Georgia Vein Center we serve Metro Atlanta and the surrounding communities including North Atlanta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Decatur, Stone Mountain, Marietta, Vinings, Smyrna, East Point, Riverdale, or Southwest Atlanta and suffer from vein problems. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins occur when valves in the leg veins fail to function properly. In healthy limbs, veins carry blood outward from the heart, assisted by valves that pump the blood along steadily. However, for reasons that might include weight gain, stress, age, pregnancy or heredity, these valves sometimes weaken or fail altogether. When that happens, blood flow through the veins no longer moves smoothly. Instead, blood can pool or even reverse at the site of the malfunctioning valves. This condition is called venous reflux. It is the pooled blood that gives varicose veins their discolored, knotty or ropy appearance.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins tend not to have the unpleasant physical symptoms of varicose veins but are also often caused by age or heredity. They appear as a fine red or blue network of lines close to the surface of the skin on almost any part of the body.
Common symptoms of vein irregularities include:
- A recurrent burning or throbbing sensation in the legs
- Legs that tire easily after walking short distances
- The appearance of dark red, blue or purple leg veins
- Knotty, bulging or ropy leg veins close to the surface of the skin
- Tiny blue or red cobweb-like veins visible on the neck, arms, legs, head or chest
- “Restless leg” syndrome that interrupts sleep
Why treat vein problems?
In general, the discomfort and/or unattractiveness of varicose veins and spider veins are reason enough to seek medical treatment for getting rid of veins. But in addition, these problems can be indicative of more serious pulmonary disease or other vein conditions. Only a medical professional experienced in vein surgery and other forms of vein treatment can make that diagnosis, so it is important to seek professional advice if you suspect you might have varicose veins or spider veins.